Five for Friday: Teaching is Tough (and it isn't all academic)





Some weeks are tough.  I'm pretty sure that people who don't teach are convinced that all we do is "academic stuff!"  When in fact, there is so much more to teaching than just academics.  I believe that the relationships I've built with students will be remembered way more than what they learned in the classroom.  However, the sad reality I've learned is that no matter how much you can care for and protect students during school hours...sometimes things are out of your control when they leave school.    I know that my own children go home to a safe home, but not all children are that lucky.  There are two quotes that really have stuck out to me this week...

Amazing Race premiers tonight!!! Last week we got 4th place in the race!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!  We had a great team and each person had strengths :)  We ran tons, did challenging puzzles, obstacles, and even had to tie crazy knots!




My students have been loving working on Figurative Language.
Here are some of the books I ordered from Amazon. 
Here are some pages from their books.

My kindergarten students LOVE these anchor charts from Cara Caroll!  I printed them two on a page and they are PERFECT for small groups! 

I am so happy it is the weekend!  We have Football on Saturday...then we are going to a Boy Scout camp (for the day).  We will be canoeing, doing archery, and more!  Look at this beautiful sunrise.  What a great way to start my Friday!

3 comments

  1. Truer words were never spoken. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful quotes. It kills me to think of what some of these kids go home to, and it's so frustrating when people assume our jobs end at 3:00. Love this post - thanks!!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate to what you said about students' lives outside of school. It's hard not to worry sometimes. That's why I pray! Have a great weekend.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with Jan (above). I just wish our state "powers that be" would recognize this too.

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top