STEM Games in Work Stations...Beyond Legos


My family has always loved board games.  The past couple of years, we have branched out from traditional board games and I have been buying games that are more STEM related.  Here are some of our favorite games that I've brought into the classroom!

In the classroom, it is really easy to add a Thinking Games or Problem Solving Games work station during math time.

Gravity Maze is a favorite.  Students love solving the puzzles and it challenges their thinking.

Suspend is another favorite.  It is a balancing game that will challenge students and help them learn about engineering and science!  It is also the one game that I have to remind students of their voice level!


My son loves, loves, loves building with Gobbi construction pieces!  It involves problem solving, science, and engineering.   I'm a little obsessive compulsive with the magnetic balls...I don't want them to get lost.

My newest game is Laser Maze.  It has been a hit!  Students use lights and mirrors to go through a maze they build.  



No comments

Back to Top