Easy Treats and Ideas for Read Across America and Dr. Seuss Week

This is one of my favorite weeks of the year.  I'm not a great cook, but I like making treats!  Each day, we have a school-wide theme and special guest readers for each classroom.  Our guest readers include local news anchors, local authors, college sports players, and our superintendent.   The students get to dress a certain way each day based on a book title.  For my reading groups,  I make treats.  Here is this year's theme days and the treats I will be making!

Monday:  One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
This is by far the easiest day!  We wear red and blue and our treat is Swedish Fish.

Tuesday:  Cat in the Hat
On this day, all students are allowed to wear a hat, and I bring Cat in the Hat Hats.  Over the years, I have found that this recipe is the easiest!  The Oreos provide a great base!  My son and husband are happy to eat the Oreo tops!  Thanks to the Fancy Frugal Life for the great idea!


Wednesday:  Green Eggs and Ham

These treats were made by a Practically Functional and are very easy!  

Thursday:  The Lorax Day
This day, I don't do food treats.  Students wear bright colored clothes and I give them truffla tree pens!  Embrace My Space has lots of ideas (both food and non-food) for The Lorax.

Friday:  Fox in Socks
Crazy Sock Day!  I found this easy to make fox cupcake idea this past fall. This year will be my first year trying it out.  Thanks to Simple as That for the idea!


No comments

Back to Top