Visual Plans- Linking Up!

I keep seeing them pop up, so I thought I'd give them a try.  Since I'm a literacy coach, my job description is to spend time working with teachers.  However, over my lunch break, I tutor 4th and 5th grade students to help them prepare for the state assessment.  This week I have a variety of topics to cover:  fact & opinion, plot elements, and I have one group of students that always skips over the title when they are reading :( So we are going to kind of make a big deal about the title of books and how they help you know what you are getting ready to read about.

It didn't take long to create them.  I used PowerPoint, and once the template is set-up, I think they could be done pretty easily each week.  I definitely think visual lesson plans are something I would use if I go back to the classroom; especially for guided reading and literacy centers. They also make it so much easier for subs!  Since my school is very focused on learning targets, I made sure I added them :)

2 comments

  1. Thank you for linking up! I know some upper grade teachers who will be thrilled to see your focused plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking about doing the visual plans too. I like the looks of yours!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top