Teachers can also pick out specific letters and only have students find objects that begin with those letters. In addition, students can draw and write the name of the object they found.
|This is the alphabet basket...full of objects from every letter!|
You can actually buy kits with lots of objects for every letter these online, but they are kind of expensive (over $100). To make your own...
1. Check out your junk drawer (I found a plastic ring, mini-flashlight, heart, card, small ruler, pencil sharpener, eraser- please do not judge).
2. Dollhouse/Barbie toys or clothes
3. Sometimes they have erasers that are in the shapes of different objects.
4. Happy Meal Toys
5. Birthday Party Treat Bag Toys
6. The Dollar Store has all sorts of "stuff" in the toy aisle
7. Foam arts and craft shapes