Five For Friday

I love linking up with Doodle Bugs!

1.  I made the Wipeout cake!!  I had Sam's Club make a plain cake, and I did the decorating :)  I used Starbursts, gumballs, Twizzlers, Runts and Hershey Bars.

2.  I had my lass class last night.  I passed my comprehensive exams.  I am officially a doctoral candidate! I'm in the process of getting my dissertation proposal complete, and if things go perfeclty well I will graduate next May...if they don't go perfectly well it will be December 2014.

3.  Snow in May!!! CRAZY!  Yesterday we got 2 inches of snow!!!!

4.  Grading for Learning!  I have been training teachers on standards based grading and LOVE it!!!  It is a great way to focus on specific skills.  It not only helps in planning lessons, but also in teaching.  I've been working with teachers helping them get their last units in reading and math planned, so they can use standards based grading at least one time before school is out. 

5.  I cannot wait to sleep late tomorrow! It will be my first Saturday in months that we don't have dance, soccer or flag football!

3 comments

  1. Oh my goodness that cake is sooo cool- I love the giant red balls! We always laugh so hard whenever wipeout is on TV! I've just found your blog through the linky and am your latest follower, congratulations on becoming a doctoral candidate! That's a huge achievement! Good luck for all the work you'll be doing for it too!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your standards based grading training sounds very interesting. Enjoy your weekend. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks great! Nice job!

    Enjoy sleeping in. I couldn't sleep past 6:30...ugh!

    Sunflower Inspirations

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top