Sunday Smorgasboard and a Classroom Management Freebie!!!


I have had a GREAT time this summer on vacation(s)!  Here are some of my favorite pictures!  We got to do lots of hiking, which I LOVE!! I'm funny about posting pictures of my family online (even though they are the cutest and most adorable children I know). So what I'm saying is...you are going to get lots of landscape photos :)

Colorado- Rocky Mountains

Capulin Volcano (I've always wanted to go to a volcano!!!!)  This was amazing.  It was run by the National Park Service and they only let a few cars to the top.  My children became Jr. Park Rangers, and had lots of fun exploring! Once you got to the top, then there was a 1 mile trail around the top of the volcano, and then you could go down into it.

Angel Fire, New Mexico:  This was such an amazing place.  We went horseback riding, rode the ski lifts, and did TONS of hiking!  



Minneapolis, Minn:  This blue thing sticking out is the Guthrie Theater.  I loved the Riverfront area. We actually stayed downtown, but spent quite a bit of time at the Riverfront (we even did hiking)!  We also went to Mall of America.  I LOVE to shop, but that place is HUGE!!!!



We travel quite a bit, and I must say, I love the Vera Bradley hanging organizer.  I bought it at an outlet for $19.99!  It has been the best travel organizer I have ever owned. I can put jewelry, make-up, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, and more in it.  There are so many clear pockets, it is easy to find everything!
This summer I had great experiences finding gluten free food (and one funny experience).   My daughter and I do not eat gluten, and Colorado was AWESOME!  They had gluten free restaurants, and a gluten free concession stand at the Rockies game!  However, one time in Oklahoma, I asked if something was gluten free, and the response I got was, "Nothing is free, you have to pay!"

Fire Pit :)  Our weather this summer has been CRAZY!  Usually it is in the 100s, and it has been pretty mild!  The past few nights it was cool in the evenings (I needed a sweatshirt) and we made smores on the patio :)


Click on the picture below to access my classroom clip chart freebie!!




6 comments

  1. Your pictures are fabulous and I love my Vera organizer too! :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....you guys traveled a lot! Love the comment you had in Oklahoma...haha :)

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted a hole in the ground to just suck me up at that instant! I didn't even try and explain what "gluten-free" meant :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Bridget! Those are some beautiful photos! And I love your VB organizer :) Her stuff is so cute!
    I also LOVE your blog name! I'm a firm believer in minimal worksheets as well!
    Thanks for sharing. I'd love for you to check out my blog, too! I'm your newest follower!

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your vacation pictures. We love to go to Colorado too! Such a beautiful place. You found quite the deal on your pretty travel organizer!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori- we can make it to Denver in 7 hours...Angel Fire/Red River, NM took about 10 hours, but I actually liked it better than Colorado (which surprised me). I could have spent all summer there. I would now say that New Mexico is my favorite nonbeach state!!

      Delete

Back to Top