Made it Monday: 4th of July

4th of July is the biggest deal where I live!  Our neighborhood has a parade with fire trucks, police cars, motorcycles, and bikes.  Then after the parade we have a huge picnic.  We shoot off fireworks until 10 pm...then we can watch the fireworks show put on by the lake a couple blocks away :)

It is the kind of party that def. has a "the more the merrier" attitude.  My children invite their friends from school (and their families).

I've been getting ready :)

I bought this basket about 15 years ago at Target, and it is great for outdoor parties.  All I do is put some colorful ribbons on the end.

I found this subway art on Pinterest.  It is from Autumn Ostund.  I printed it on card stock, and then put it in a frame from Hobby Lobby.

I loved this sign.  I works great inside and outside!

I found these little foam stars in a pack of three at the Dollar Store.  They are placed in all my outdoor flower pots.


This is not an original idea...there are about 500 recipes on Pinterest, but I make all the kids that come to our party a "red white and blue" drink.  In a clear cup (mason jar), with plenty of ice,   the drink with the most sugar gets poured first.  I use cranberry juice, then I pour blue Gatorade gently on top of the cranberry juice, and finally I add diet sprite.  (The diet sprite has the least sugar).  I've also read that you can use Sobe Pina Colada flavored drink instead of diet sprite.



8 comments

  1. There's nothing like the 4th of July. I miss the parades near the small town where I grew up.

    ~Michael
    The Color of Sound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our whole city has lots of neighborhood parades...they start in the morning and go into the evening. Our parade starts at 4pm every year!

      Delete
  2. How fun! Love all things patriotic!!! Especially with the FIFA soccer rage:) Thanks for linking up all your fun!!!
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been out of the country for the past two weeks and the FIFA Tournaments have been so exciting. It has been a blast watching games in bars with people all over the world!

      Delete
  3. Love all your cute decorations! I am slowly accumulating seasonal decorations, my kids get so excited when I put them up! Sounds like you'll have a blast on Friday! Have a Happy 4th!
    Wendy
    One Happy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your decorations - so patriotic :)

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all of your festive and patriotic decor. I just love the 4th of July!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those 4th of July signs…thanks for including the link! The red, white and blue drink is awesome…try it with the SOBE…YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top