1. I'm one of those people that just loves the little things. I found these at the checkout counter at Wal-Mart for $1 last weekend! These file folders just made me happy :) Plus it gave me a reason to do some cleaning of my files!
2. I survived Parent Teacher Conferences and was able to spend all day today doing homework!
3. I got great feedback from the K-2 Non-Fiction Book Exchange Cart that I set out for parents. The students will be able to exchange books. I have some fifth grade helpers that will bring the cart to breakfast every morning, and students can get a new book every day! I also made a bookmark for parents that provides them questions they can ask their child about nonfiction text. Unfortunately, it is saved on my work computer, so as soon as I can I will share it :)
4. This was a fish on the wall at Cheeseburger in Paradise. We ate there last weekend, and my son HAD to get a picture! They have a great gluten free menu :)
5. I just started a new book study! This will be my 3rd this year :) I had some time during parent teacher conferences to look at it, and it looks really good! I worked with one of our 2nd grade teachers and we are going to start and Interactive Response Journal for two of her guided reading groups. Students will ask each other questions and respond to each other. The book has fantastic prompts and tons of great ideas. I'm excited to do more reading.
Today's Friday Freebie is a Valentine's Day CVC matching game! Click here to download.