Back to School

Today was BUSY!!!

It was great to see students today, and my own children had a fantastic first day back!  My big project was getting ready for data meetings this week!  It was nice having two professional development days.  I heard a wonderful speaker, Mark McLeod.  He was very motivating and inspiring! 

http://www.markmcleodpresentations.com/

 I loved how he talked about how teachers can change student's lives forever and how important it is to build relationships with students and parents! On the first day of his senior year of high school, he had a teacher that told him that she loved him and that she knew one day he would change the world.  It is amazing what a few words will do to help (or hurt) someone.  After listening to him speak and inspire a roomful of teachers, I believe he has changed the world!

Right after my first year of teaching, I had a student die.  To this day, that is the one event that has made me the teacher I am today.  I believe you can never love anyone too much and it is important to do things right the first time, in case you don't get a second chance.  Every night, before I go to bed, I want to know that I have done everything I can to help make the students at my school be successful and feel special!

As for my list of things to do...State Assessments are coming up and am looking for fun center activities to help keep students engaged while they practice important skills!  I made quite a few games today from The Florida Center for Reading Research (which will lead to another entire blog posting)! http://www.fcrr.org/curriculum/studentCenterActivities45.shtm

I'm also working with a kindergarten teacher to help manage her writing center so she doesn't feel overwhelmed with planning, but at the same time the activities are engaging!




No comments

Back to Top