Guided Reading Organizing

I have had great luck with using a binder for each group.  One year I tried one binder with everyone, and it was too much and too big.
The binder includes the following:
Positive Praise and Teaching Prompts for Running Records
Weekly Lesson Plan for the Guided Reading Group
Student Data (includes running records)


I like keeping the lesson plan in a page protector, and I also like it when I can get all one week on one page! 


I love using page protectors, because I know papers won't get damaged.  However, they are too big if you have dividers.  The page protectors block the divider (which kind of drives me crazy).  To solve the problem, I use the following tabs (purchased at Wal-Mart) with the page protectors. 

Here is a copy of my Guided Reading Lesson Plan Template.



My TPT store has a Guided Reading Organizational Set to help keep you organized.  There are templates to fill out to plan your guided reading schedule (including pull-outs). There are planning templates, and it also includes Positive Praise and Teaching Prompts to use after doing running records.  You can enter to win this. 

2 comments

  1. I am always looking for ways to organize my Guided Reading Groups! Thanks!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to organize for reading groups! I like to use positive praise and teaching prompts after a running record too.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top