Five For Friday and a Freebie (or two)


I love linking up with Doodle Bugs!

fiveforfriday2
1.  My quote for the week


2.  PE & Phonemic Awareness.  The PE teacher is going to use CVC words in his warm-up activities.  I'm so excited.  The students can do exercises and segment words!  I modeled for him some of my ideas (like hoping for each sound, and doing jumping jack moves for each sound). I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm CRAZY!

3.  I caved in and ordered a laminator.  Our laminator is on its last leg at school :(  This week has been so busy, I haven't even had time to unbox it!

4.  Author Studies.  I'm working on getting some author studies for our book room.  I'm looking for some great ideas for grades 3-5 (not series, just a variety of books by the same author).  I'd love any suggestions!!!  These are the authors I have so far:
Andrew Clements
Kate DiCamillo
Ronald Dahl
Gary Paulsen
Jerry Spinelli

5.  So far, no big plans this weekend...I know I'll be doing some running.  I have 3 races in the next 2 weeks.  One is a local race that is set up like The Amazing Race!  I cannot wait!!!! 

Here are my two Friday flash freebies (until 7pm CST)...



5 comments

  1. I am so impressed that you were able to get the coach to use cvc words in warm ups! That is a cool idea that could really help some students and their phonemic awareness!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top