My Teacher Always Says Linky Party


I thought this was a fun linky.  Click here to link up with Forever in First!

I try and always be very positive.  In fact, my first day at my current school as a reading interventionist, when I said the above statement, the reply was, "You know we can't read, right?"  That just broke my heart.  Many of the students I've worked with struggle not only with academics, but with behaviors as well.   I have found that being positive has paid off in more ways than I could ever imagine.  Since I'm a literacy coach, and I don't really work with students very much anymore, this statement is VERY true.  I tutor over my lunches one to two times a week, and I say this statement all the time.  The students love it, and they know I love working with them!

I had one fifth grade boy finally ask, "Do you say this to all your classes?"  Before I could answer, a girl in the group (with a HUGE grin) said, "Of course she does, but I'm pretty sure our group is the best part of her day!!!"

I've gone on home visits, and many of my students have difficult home lives.  At school, I want them to feel loved, and I want them to have a positive school experience.  I've read quite a bit about children in poverty, and I can't control what happens when they leave school, but I can make sure they love coming to school and love learning :)

4 comments

  1. Bridget, thank you for joining my linky. That's a very sweet saying. I can imagine how much your kids love hearing that. Thanks again!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so heart-warming and a great reminder-they don't always hear those positive thoughts.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your students are blessed to have you working with them and building them up! They need and deserve to have someone believe in them and enjoy being with them. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top