I thought it would be fun to throw my first linky party. In real life, I'm quiet and somewhat shy. I feel like this is a HUGE DEAL! I'm hoping people show up and I didn't clean house for nothing ;)
I've been at PD the last three days, and they had a fantastic Dollar Store not far from where our PD was held. It was AWESOME! I was super excited :) I thought this linky party would give teachers some great ideas and since it is summer, some time to get new ideas (that are at a great price)!
Here were my deals yesterday:
1. Baskets. I like to color code reading groups. Every student also has a folder that matches their reading group color. The larger baskets can hold books or guided reading materials. The smaller baskets can hold
2. Animal Chip Clips. These are not magnetic (that would be super cool, but then they probably would charge more than a $1.00). I think they would be pretty easy to turn into magnets- they have flatish backs that you could glue on a magnet. I thought they could be used at a literacy workstation or could be used to clip papers.
3. Dry Erase Board. I liked this one because it had the alphabet written on it. I use dry erase boards all the time for word work during guided reading, but they are also great for students to have in their desk and they can be used all day long. Instead of just asking one student to answer a question, students can respond on their dry erase board, and teachers say, "SHOW ME YOUR WORK!" or something cute.
Rules for Linky Party
1. No drinking wine on the carpet (just kidding). As you can see my social skills need some work :)
2. You can post to any of your blogs that feature dollar deals from the Dollar Store or Target Dollar Spot! It can be a current blog post, but you can also link to an older post.
3. THANK YOU for participating. I hope you get lots of new ideas!